Translate

4 April 2009

Berliner Dom

Ich liebe Berlin!!


i love berlin Pictures, Images and Photos

I love Berlin sooooo much!!!!!!!!!!! I stayed there for a total of 4 days and it wasn't enough at all. There were still so many things I had yet to see.

In Berlin, I had the most difficulty with the German language there. wah liew it is damn hard lo someone so kampung like me stuck in a strange city with strange words.

A lot of things I just 'pok'. Especially when it came to ordering food.

Photobucket

Fortunately though German and English share a lot of similiar sounding words so most of the time its not hard to guess what they mean.

Photobucket


Like wasser in german means 'water', and bier means 'beer'. A banana is also a 'banana' in english. lol. Someone told me that English itself actually originated from German.



However, the only thing I disliked about Berlin was the weather.
Photobucket

For the whole four days we were there we had this amazingly rubbish weather. I never ever saw the sun which was depressing. Furthermore, all I brought was a light coat and two thin cardigans coz its already spring in the UK.

Gawd, I was mistaken. It started snowing in Berlin. Spring apparently hasn't reached the rest of the EU yet. Cibai.


Since we had rather rubbish weather on our first day there, we decided to go for indoor attractions and visited the Berliner Dom.

Photobucket



Photobucket


It was built in 1894 as the court church and cathedral for Emperor Wilhelm 1. There was even a family crypt underneath the church which was creepy as they were so many coffins for dead children and babies.
Photobucket




Photobucket
Massive organ!




Photobucket
Its amazing how much the people of the past put so much effort on their ceiling



Photobucket





Photobucket
Some of the overtly elaborate coffins


They had a musuem upstairs showcasing the history of the place and small scaled-down models of the actual dom itself.
Photobucket




Photobucket
Gorgeous!




Photobucket
Stairway to the King's bedroom which was blocked.




Photobucket
My eyebags are horrible!





Then we went to the top of the dome to look at the scenery and get wet by Berlin rain. There is nothing I enjoy better in life that being soaked in rain and having strong cold winds blow at me for an hour straight. woohoo.

Photobucket

It really was super cold




Photobucket
No I am not standing on a higher ledge. I am indeed taller. LOL





Photobucket
Hark the herald!


Photobucket
Pathway around the dome was tiiiinnyyy




Photobucket

Scenery from the top. Major parts of the city is undergoing construction work

Ah crap. I just realised some chunks of the trip is it Aaron's camera! And I totally forgot to transfer it out of his camera before he left >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment