Translate

10 July 2008

He's just not that into you

I totally love this book I read during my attachment.

Its like finally realising what goes through the mind of a guy to know when he is really interested in a girl or not.


Photobucket



The book in Chapter 1 starts off like this:


Chapter 1:

He's just not that into you if he's not asking you out. - Because if he likes you, trust me, he will ask you out.


Many women have said to me, "Greg, men run the world." Wow. That makes us sound pretty capable. So tell me, why would you think we could be incapable of something as simple as picking up the phone and asking you out?



Here's an example of a letter to Greg asking for advice:


Dear Greg,
I'm so disappointed. I have this friend that I've known platonically for about ten years. He lives in a different city and was recently in town for work, so we met for dinner. All of a sudden it felt like we were on a date. He was completely flirting with me. He even said to me "So what, you're working the whole 'model thing' now?" (That's flirting right?). We both agreed that we should get together again soon. Well Greg, I'm disappointed because its been two weeks and he hasn't called me. Can I call him?


Jodi

*************

Dear Jodi,

Two weeks is two weeks, except when it's ten years and two weeks. That's how long ago he decided whether or not he could date a model or a girl who looks like one. And if your dinner/date did feel different to him, its been two weeks and he's had time to think about it and decide he's just not that into you. Go find someone that lives in your zip code who will be rocked to the core my your deep conversation and model looks.



There are many other things I found out as well from this book. No matter how "busy" his day is, if he is really that into you, he will make time FOR YOU because you're the bright spot in his day.



To be blatantly honest, this book gave me the good,hard, reality slap in the face that I totally deserve.


I have a confession to make. I really did like this guy, and we went out for a date once, sometime in June. He promised me a second date.


And now, its been a whole month since we last went out. But I kept hoping that there might be something cause I THOUGHT he was interested in me too, and I really felt there might have been chemistry.


I had really really thought the second date will come - sometime soon, I mean like, I do kinda like him, what have I got to lose? Maybe its just that he's been soooo busy with everything he just hadn't had the time to go out with me at all.........



WRONG. I was so bloody blinded I now think I am pathetic. After reading this book, I realised that he really is JUST NOT THAT INTO ME. What the fuck is a single girl like me wasting my time waiting around?????? I deserve to have someone who is really interested to chase after me, take time off to pamper me despite his amazingly busy schedule, and to show that "I'm worth it"!!!!


For example, I looked back at how my friend SW & David got together.

David works at 9am-8pm every single day on a weekday. Yet, despite his horrendously busy schedule, he took the effort and the time to see her 3 times a week (this was all before they got together) .

Now that's what I call "being interested".



So if this guy can't find time off his schedule to bring me out, it was a good slap in my face that he is obviously,undeniably just not THAT interested in me. I have made my own-self pathetic and it sucks!!!!


I swear from now on I am never going to ask a guy out anymore. If he really wants me that much or is thhaaaaaaaaaaaaattt interested in me, he will take the initiative to get me interested in him.

Ohmygawd, today is officially THE most educational day I've ever had in my two week attachments with the law firm.


The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment