Translate

19 November 2008

Up for cross dressing?

In Korea, a boyband called SHINee starred in a new cross-dressing drama called "School of Rock Summer Special".

I haven't actually watched it myself but wow. I've never heard of a WHOLE BOYBAND cross- dress as girls. It really is erm.... something new. Apparently it is a success because korean girls are going wild seeing their favourite boyband in wigs and short skirts.

Though cross-dressing for shows are not something new, they should be completely differentiated from singing Drag Queens cause asian shows tend to only feature the 'pretty boys' that look almost girlish like.


Photobucket
Some loook pretty hot its actually scary!!




Photobucket




Photobucket

I mean like, my gawd!!! LOOK AT THAT UBER GIRLISH FACE!!!! *pokes with knife*



Not surprisingly as well, handsome , delicate featured males dressed as women are also not uncommon in Japan. Akihabara Street in Japan (famous for weird kooky stores & cafes!) opened its very first Maid Cafe.


Photobucket
Not female maids.


But an all male cast dressed as females!!! ( I know I dem excited!!)

Photobucket





You're probably thinking "Like, OMG, who actually wants to go there????!!!!"

Your answer:

Photobucket
This male waitress is sooo kawaaaiii!! Soo pretty!!



Photobucket
Ok, this male waitress is creepy



Photobucket
If I was a guy staring up at this man, I think my balls will drop off and run away




Photobucket





Photobucket

"Let's camgigolo together mah babes"



Photobucket
How much more cutesy can you get?


Photobucket
Seeing this picture makes me think I may be better off being lesbian


Photo credits, click here (yes, you know you like em. there's more from where that came from)
To read more about how the hell did this concept come about click this!

The video below is a Japanese host show were the men cross dress as women. Some of the men actually turn out quite beautiful! Until they start talking then it gets pretty weird.







But ladies fret not, Akihabra Street in Japan also houses the very popular Edelstein Café a "boarding school" where long-lashed men dressed in uniform play the part of schoolboys as they go about serving their adoring female customers.
Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

Hm.... I wonder what else will come next in Asia?

2 comments:

  1. Haha, i was looking for that cafe (the "school boys" one lar of course)!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But all the boys look sooo yooung. lol!

    ReplyDelete