Translate

12 September 2009

Amsterdam III - A day for windmills

My gawd have I been procrastinating!!!

Its already been nearly 3 months since I last went on the eurotrip and yet I'm still posting stuff from then.

The delay has been crazy coz I've been busy unpacking stuff and redecorating my new room! ♥ ♥ ♥
Plus I have been internet deprived for nearly 3 weeks, with the odd -one hour- a- week here and there.

Will upload pics of them soon once I am free, which to be honest, is almost every day. HAHA.



I have no life ..... T_T


Ok, enough about the cloud of dullness enshrouding me.


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



We headed off to see gorgeous windmills while in Amsterdam, the icon of Holland! (Yes, they have healthy activities there too)



Photobucket
Zhen daringly sits in "someone-else's-boat"


Photobucket
Another shot of their gorgeous canals.


Photobucket
I look like the famous painting of "THE SCREAM"





It was pretty easy to get there, all we had to do was take the tram to the other end of Amsterdam. Public transport tickets there though are super super confusing. So a lot of times if we could, we screwed the ticket since no one checks anyways & just randomly hop on a tram.

Photobucket
Walking towards the windmill :D





Photobucket
Zhen & I found an old-fashioned well that still worked! the water stinked like sewage though & I doubt anyone actually uses it






Photobucket
This is my favourite windmill shot ever


Photobucket
The mini-map of how the windmill & the area around it used to look like




Photobucket
Turbine




Photobucket
People can now get married in windmills! I can wed u peeps if u want.




Photobucket
The steering which controls the the 'windmill fan'


Gawd, its amazing how much useless information you can learn about a windmill.


Photobucket
Steps going up to the uppermost floor of the windmill





Photobucket
More wooden clogs!





Photobucket
Its high time I started using a vacuum cleaner to fly instead of the broom.



The nice old, albeit slightly annoying, tourguide actually stopped the windmill from spinning to let us take photos with the 'fan' :D !!


Photobucket





Photobucket
You can't see it but Tracy's dress actually has windmills on it!




Photobucket
Aksyen. Cibai. I think I'm mixing with Sha (guy in green shirt) too much. I've become very foul-mouthed *innocent eyes*




And we topped off the experience by walloping the most delicious soft ice-cream eva right outside the windmill ~~

Photobucket
Me obviously enjoying my ice cream.



BUT

This is not yet the end of this post. There are still MORE windmills. If you are sick of windmills already you may just wanna end here. lol.


I tell you ar, travelling with Zhen is one of the bestest things ever. He researches to the max about what's there to do and how to get there. We're always busy going places everytime he's around!

He insisted on wanting to see a cluster of windmills in one spot. So this time we took the cross-country train slightly out of Amsterdam to a nearby town. And its daaaaaamn worth it I tell ya.


Coz we were greeted by this see!:

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket





Photobucket





Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

The uncle who conned us. ciz. But it was only 1 euro so oh well!



Photobucket




Then we entered the cheese factory.......

Photobucket

Omg, I have never tried so many types of cheeses b4!!! its..its... pure sugoiness (fantastic).

Photobucket
Peso cheese (Peso is a mix of crushed herbs)


Photobucket
Chilli cheeeeeessee


Photobucket
bbq cheese which is my personal favourite~~~ fuckin yum!



Photobucket
I told Suwen she looked like a leopard trying to catch a sheep!



Photobucket


Photobucket
This pic was my wallpaper for quite a while




Photobucket
Just showing off my 1pound hairband *nose in air*








Ok, that's enough of windmills for the past two days =_______=

Keep your fingers crossed on the darlie all white contest! Hopefully I win something! the prize is rm5000 for any handbag!

either that or an i-phone which i can sell. Hohohohohoho!

No comments:

Post a Comment