Translate

2 March 2010

China & Rocks (I)

For lack of a better title.

Rites then, this blog has been pretty much dead for 2 weeks! Been busy loads since I came back, and every free time I've had I've just been playing restaurant city on facebook. HAHAHAHAAHAH!! I am a self-declared addict of that game coz its just so awesome!!

Well I was in Kunming, China for a total of 9 days so I definitely won't bother blogging 9 posts about that place.

It wasn't a horrible trip, in fact, I was proven terribly wrong! I had an awesome time, met awesome people on the tour, and alright, shopping was extremely 'meeeh' but it was still beautiful place and definitely worth the visit. It was nice to have a different sort of CNY instead of the usual house visiting and stuff! I should go away more often during CNY. HAHA!

I categorized this post as 'rocks' because, erm, China seriously very much into anything that's rocks. They give labels for their rocks. As long as the rock resembles some sort of an odd shape, it is given a name, like "army descends upon the valley".

And it will pile a pile of rocks in a row.


Or title like "The moon gazes at its reflection".

Then there will be a pool surrounded by rocks.

You get the drift.

So let's blog about rocks.






First place we visited was called "Alu Caves". I also dunno what that means.

Photobucket


China is damn keng on cashing in on tourist money. Every place that is deemed an attraction will have all these weird things to drain your Yuan.
Photobucket
copy cat- sakura flowers!!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Entrance to Alu Cave

Photobucket
see throw in some fancy lights here and there, n you've got tourist like me taking photos of 'em rocks already.

Photobucket


Photobucket
This was a really huge cave because we got to take boat rides in it! There's a huge canal like thing and its really very romantic :D

Photobucket



Photobucket


Photobucket

I love love love cable car rides!! Especially the open ones! Its so exciting to see your feet dangling in mid air and not being able to touch the ground!!


Photobucket

Look alike mou? I really don't think so.

Photobucket


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA. Does this remind you of any particular bird?




The next day, we went to this lake that had natural rock formations. Apparently all this used to be underwater, i.e the sea!!

Over thousands of years that part of the sea dried up seeing the rock formations we see today on land.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

I ask my bro to pose at a lala-china sweeper. LOL!


Photobucket

Then my uncle also wanted a shot -_____________-


Photobucket
Taking a photo with one of the tribal-girls there! Alrites, I just dunno what other words to use besides 'tribal'.

Photobucket

I found these rocks so odd. They look like China cut the top part from somewhere else and glued it on these rocks to make them look higher.

Apparently its all natural!
Photobucket
See their doggies there are super cute!!!



Photobucket


Its really odd because of their dogs have matty fur like this one. They don't seem to have any short-haired dogs at all unless its a chi hua hua. Maybe its because of the cold climate?


More updates soon!


Dated: 2nd March 2010

2 comments:

  1. I hope you likes the toilet in some part of China. without doors :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG dont' remind me the toilet are still super horrible!!

    ReplyDelete