Translate

6 September 2008

Mulu Caves (I)

I just came back from KL and will be doing travelling again real soon to Beijing. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm getting pretty annoyed with having too much stuff to do.... ESPECIALLY WITH TRAVELLING!!!

I think its mostly cost its taking a wee bit too long for the British Embassy to approve my visa to the UK. Its making me panicky coz I'm flying off to Beijing in another 1 week and I DON'T FREAKING HAVE MY PASSPORT WITH ME COZ ITS STUCK AT THE EMBASSY RIGHT NOW.

So chill... chilll............................. *takes deep breath*



Gonna blog a bit to calm me unsettled nerves...

Reversing back to a week ago I went to visit Mulu Caves for the first time. I went there with my Miri peeps Aaron & Phebe. (Initially there was gonna be a huge group of 8 but because of individual reasons the other 5 ffk. So very ko lian only got 3 ppl in the end!)


Mulu Caves is only 30 mins away from Miri by plane. Its soo....well... jungle-ish. Which is a good thing!! I need to exercise more and get away from my Astro.


Photobucket

Entrance to Mulu National Park.


We opted for budget travel when we were there so we bunked at a hostel with 20 beds at a mere rm25/night. Surprisingly the beds are rather clean and so were the bathrooms. Neeways, later got story to tell about some perv that was staying in the hostel too with us.

Photobucket

Our bunk beds

Overall we visited four different caves within the span for 2 days.

Some wildlife that our guide pointed to us along the way....

Photobucket


Lizard thingy




Photobucket

Stick Insect thingy







Photobucket

Flower Thingy


Yeah, bimbo blogs label unexplainable items as 'thingies' .



Photobucket
Bat Observatory - more on that later.

Our guide brought us to see bats from cameras placed inside the cave.
Photobucket

I never knew bats could be sooo adorable!! Damn furry loh!!


Photobucket



Our first cave was Gua Lang. Unfortunately I forgot every single story the guide was going on about this cave. So nothing to blog about for this cave. Hohohoho!

Photobucket




Photobucket
Entrance of Gua Lang



The inside of the cave:

Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket


Swiflets!



Photobucket
Some really cool rock formation that somehow reminds me of my fringe


Photobucket

This aunty in the pic damn annoying keep shining her flashlight right at my eye while taking this photo.

We met this ang moh guy called Rofl who is Dutch. My first ang moh peng yao who is not related to me!



The second cave was:


Photobucket

One of the rare few times I'm dripping in sweat


Photobucket

HAHAAHAHA! Ohmygawd, Aaron & I super love this uncle. Go Mulu Caves trekking wearing a silk flowery shirt and shorts. Nyahahahaahahahaha!!! He reminded us of a kopitiam uncle who wants to take your order ;P. If this is your father/uncle/family friend I am sorry for making fun of him.


Photobucket
The most famous shot in Deer Cave - Abraham Lincoln's outline


Photobucket
This cave had a lot of tiny tiny cockroaches like these running around everywhere. Luckily Zhen didn't come, he sure scream like a girl.



One of the main attractions of Mulu are the bats that come out from the caves every evening to look for food - unless it happened to be raining they would prefer to starve themselves.

It was raining the day we were there. T_T.


Eventually though the rain did stop, but not many bats came out.




This is a video of what we should have seen but we never exactly got to see the bats come out this way.... *sad*


Photobucket


Entrance at the Bat Observatory


Photobucket

We had been waiting for an hour!


Photobucket

Bats in real-life are only this tiny


We headed back to the main camp around 6pm and the walkway back was pitch black. Super scary loh only got 2 good torch lights coz Aaron's batteries went out.

Photobucket
Silk shirt flower uncle again!

That night when we went back to the hostel to sleep the perv kept trying to approach Phebe & I and even had to nerve to come and sit down right next to Phebe on her bed!! Talk about disgusting creep. It was some dark-skinned uncle (not silk shirt flower uncle ok? He is a damn nice family guy) who was a tour guide to a group of ang mohs.

It was so disgusting to see him constantly inch his way closer and closer to Phebe. But luckily he walked away later. I know I should have said something to shoo him off but I didn't coz I didn't want to be rude. Now I'm regretting it like crazy. Thank God we at least had Aaron there, who was making sure the perv didn't make any weird moves.

So my advice to girls is when staying in hostel places like these - make sure you have a lot of your male friends around you coz there's bound to be a perv. Especially if he's Malaysian. I know its prejudice but the same thing happened to a friend who also stayed there and a Malaysian tour guide (a totally different one) tried to hit on her. Yucks. It was the ang moh men who left us alone.

Damn sa soi loh Malaysia.



Neeways, I'll be updating on Part II soon!

2 comments:

  1. LOL when u mentioned about the perv in the beginning of your post, I thought you were referring to Aaron! HAHAH JKJJKJKJKJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. U have every reason to suspect him. hhahahahahahahahahaa!! oh btw, aaron reads my blog too. lol!

    ReplyDelete