Translate

2 January 2009

B&B at Netherton Farm

Happy New Year everyone!!!



I just found out from my mom we've got a new puppy back home. EEEEKK!!! I am gonna ask her to mail over pics ASAP. Apparently the puppy is sucking on my adult male dog's titties. He is strangely complying.

**********




This was agreeably everyone's favourite place to stay in Scotland. All of us experienced our first ever B&B! I have only read about such things in romance novels (lol) about a young lady opening her own B&B and falling in love with her male visitor from afar who wanted to get away from the world blah blah blah.........you can guess the plot.


Moving on.... Netherton Farm is owned by this lovely old farmer couple who were very hospital. Their place is soooooo cosy, just like in the books! We took 2 rooms, one with 3 beds, another 2; I'll just show pictures on how everything looks like.

Photobucket
Tracy & I slept here. No I did not rape her.



Photobucket

Dressing table



Photobucket

Our attached washroom



Photobucket
The Common bathroom


We found lotsa kooky stuff lying around the house too...

Photobucket




Photobucket
We couldn't resist fooling around with them




Photobucket
I think this is an old beer barrel




Photobucket
They had a whole shelf-full of recorded movies on tape!! I can't believe they still even own a tape player!! We were free to watch them if we wanted to




Photobucket
The fireplace in my room (but the whitish-grey stuff is newspaper. The fireplace has been blocked)




Photobucket
Pitcher & Jug



It was really hard to get up the next morning. Everything was just too cosy! But the idea of a hot breakfast forced us to wake up.


Photobucket
Suwen, Sam & Mel getting ready

Photobucket
The early sunlight coming through the windows




Photobucket
Our breakfast spread: cereals, muesli, milk, smoothies, orange juice




Photobucket
Their super adowable doggy named "Babe".Named after the pig in the movie. She would open her huge eyes and look up at us the whole time we were having breakfast. Awwww!!


Photobucket

Breakfast was seriously a huge spread



Photobucket

I had cereals & smoothie



And then slowly moved on to the...

Photobucket
We had specifically requested for it the night before!!



I have been waiting to try this for a really long while. Its basically a normal English Fry-Up (fried eggs, bacon & mushrooms drenched with cholesterol-enhancing oils) with Haggis and Black Pudding. Haggis is made out of stuffed pigs intestines , whilst Black Pudding is basically fried pig's blood. I know, I'm not a huge fan of Kueh Chap but then ZOMG, you HAVE TO TRY THIS when you're in Scotland!!! Its only found here, and it really is quite delicious!!!


But the B&B lady did tell us that its an either you love-it or hate-it dish.

This was one of the rare few times I ate like a pig. Even after all that food I moved on to eat jam with crossaints.




Photobucket



Photobucket




Photobucket



After breakfast, the landlady brought us out to see the pigs she bred to sell or to make into bacon(using the word kill can make me vegeterian for a minute when you're looking at them face-to-face). Only in the summer will there be piglets T_T

Photobucket
Ex-piglets



Photobucket


Photobucket
One is Molly & Monster



Photobucket

The view outside Netherton that faces the LochNess



Photobucket
Last shot of the farm

No comments:

Post a Comment